Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bienvenue chez ton ex-chez-toi --- Welcome to Calypso’s Island



I’m back to the land of green spring and golden summer.
I’m back to the land of concentrated racism and social intolerance

To the land where people still speak a rich and wonderful dialect
To the land where despite the crisis people buy new cars

I’m back to the land where people pass a red light when there are no cars, and that’s logical and normal
I’m back to the land where people sell the family property to buy the new cars and new handbags

To the land where you can find yourself with no money, phone or car, but still manage to eat, make a phone-call and get a ride home
To the land where all what people do is watching and commenting people who have fun, while forgetting to have fun themselves

I’m back to the land where people bring Greece-reunion symbols and Che Guevara flags in football matches
I’m back to the land where people don’t eat just because or when they are hungry, but usually just because they enjoy it

To the land that others find exotic but I find beautiful and interestingly banal
To a paradisiac island that you need to know how and when to quit

I’m back to the land where I love to be,
The land I love to be when I know when I’ll leave it.

I'm back to Calypso's Island.

LnJos

No comments: